Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moscow Hotels
- 2 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 6 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Packing Champagne
- 20 Manchester hotels
- 21 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 22 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 25 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?