Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   35 NIGHTS IN EUROPE (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/35-nights-in-europe-711682/)

Jake_61247 Jun 8th, 2007 05:33 PM

35 NIGHTS IN EUROPE

I took the advice you all gave me and I bumped my trip from 20 days to 36days/35nights. We are going from Aug. 21-Sept25.: London(4 nights)-dublin(4)-Bacelona(4)-Munich(4)-venise(2)-Florence/siena(3)- rome(4)-Athens(4)-Paris(4. We are flying between all the cities except Munich-venice (night train)& around Italy. I have never been to Europe my wife lived there as a little girl. Do any of you guys have recomendations for hotels, area of cities to stay, stuff to see/do, or any other advice that you think would help us out?

WillTravel Jun 8th, 2007 05:49 PM

It sounds like a great trip. What sort of budget do you have for your hotel stays?

For London, I like using Priceline. For all the other places, it's really going to depend on how much you are willing to spend.

Jake_61247 Jun 8th, 2007 05:52 PM

I Want to spend $150 (US)/night or less if possible.

barbmike Jun 8th, 2007 06:33 PM

This type of question is asked again and again and again. Do some research on your own and start a new post AFTER that with some of YOUR own findings/suggestions.

Eleni Jun 8th, 2007 06:38 PM

Hi Jake, Sounds like an incredible trip, and I know you will have a wonderful time. I have been to a number of the cities, but know the most about Athens. Since you are going so many places, a good way for you to get started would be to use the Fodors search function to see what has already been posted.

For example, there is post after post talking about Athens hotels. To limit the number of posts that comes up search on the phrase in quotation marks "Athens hotels" -- you will then get a list of all the posts where this topic is discussed. After you look at the posts, you will probably have questions, which you might want to post country by country. The same thing will apply for each of the countries you are visiting!

By the way, I agree 100% with WillTravel about using PriceLine for London (not for the other locations). If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com, you can learn you to use priceline. Also, biddingfortravel has a board specifically for London, so you can which hotels are on the priceline list for each area of London and how much people are bidding to win the hotels.

As for what to see/do, a good place to start figuring that out is on Fodors on their Destination pages. That will help orient you to a city, so that you can ask more informed questions, and that when you get answers, they are meaningful.

Good luck reading!

Jake_61247 Jun 8th, 2007 06:50 PM

Thaks guys I appreciate the advice. I know i was vague. Sorry. I will look into it more.

Eleni Jun 8th, 2007 11:56 PM

Nothing to be sorry about at all! And be sure and come back, because I know you'll have more questions once you start reading. You are facing a LOT of decisions...very, very good decisions at that!