Just hoping to get some tips from you Spain experts on our itinerary. We are a group of 5 friends from Canada where 2 are fluent in Spanish. We will be there Aug 22-Sep 22. We all have backpacking experience but have never been to Europe. We are early 20s, and the adventurous type (i.e., hiking, camping parties, trying local/street foods). None of us are foodies or fans of art, and are also not huge into lounging on the beach or going to tourist traps.
We will have a car rented from Granada onwards.
We made a tough call to forego Portugal and Asturias/Galicia for a future trip for fear of cramming too much into too little time.
Madrid - 3 days (day trip to Segovia, touring the city)
Valencia - 3 days (La Tomatina and exploring the city)
Ibiza - 3 days (needless to say )
Granada - 4 days (Alhambra, Alpujarras and possibly Sierra Nevada, explore city)
Tangier/Gibraltar - 2 days (hike Rock of Gibraltar and day trip around Moroccan market)
Jerez de la Frontera & Cadiz - 1 day (winery tour and visit the port)
Seville - 4 days (check out Torresol, Pueblos Blancos, Ronda, see a Flamenco show)
Cordoba - day trip
Long haul drive to San Sebastian - 1 day (Maybe overnighting in a tent in one of the national parks)
cross the Pyrenees - 4 days (stopping in Pau, Gavarnie, Ordesa Canyon National Park, Besalu)
Costa Brava - 3 days (Peratallaba, Aigua Blava, Callala de Palafrugell) - 2 days
Barcelona - 3 days
Thank you very much in advance.
PS: We are debating whether to go for hostels or AirBnB. Given or group size, AirBNB is more bang for the buck, but we fear we would miss out on the traveller interaction. Anybody have first hand advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Driving
- 13 Dubrovnik
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip