I think I finally have an outline for this trip, but I was hoping to get some advice to avoid any potential pitfalls. We haven't bought airline tickets yet, but have been watching prices and will likely do so very soon Here's what I have so far. Please tell me if there is something obvious I am overlooking.
Fly into Heathrow. Catch Oxford Bus:
2 nights: Hang out in Oxford for while getting over jet lag.
1 night: Rent car and head to Hay-on-Wye for an overnight. (My wife is a bibliophile and absolutely insisted. She also said I probably didn't want to let her spend two days there.)
3-4 nights: Farmstay in North Wales. (Must have horses. My daughter is nuts for horses. Collies would be a definite plus.)
3 nights: Edinburgh (I assume we'll pretty much leave the car parked somewhere while we're here.)
2 nights: Glencoe and around
3 nights: Isle of Skye. Then, drive to Inverness and drop off car at the airport. Fly to London. (Will book shortly after buying the main ticket)
4-5 nights: London (and then Eurostar to Paris, but that's another post...)
Some data about us, if it helps: We are ~40, casual walkers but not trekkers. My wife is a bibliophile and also loves beaches and good food. My daughter is 6, loves horses, dogs, trains, boats, and running around. I have a particular interest in ruins and prehistoric sites. We are fine with cities, but not really nightlife people (especially not with a 6 year-old in tow).
A few other things. This schedule has us going through Hay-on-Wye well before the Festival there - this was on purpose. My one major concern is that it looks like we'll be on the Isle of Skye during the bank holiday. i assume I should book early to account for this?
Thanks for the patience with the stupid questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피쉬게임 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 피쉬바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 해외토토 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 사다리분석 c p s 33 . c o m
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Paris Apartment
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 Milan airport--which one
- 11 Which Area in London?
- 12 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 13 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 14 Visit to France
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 family trip to Germany and more
- 19 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 20 Trains - website?
- 21 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 24 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.