I posted earlier about a six week trip to Spain and Italy that I would be taking with a friend. Due to some complications regarding work and vacation time, we only have three weeks and shall be spending it in italy (the three weeks does not including travel to and from italy). We shall be visiting in early June (I know its not the best time to go, but what can you do?) and are looking for the following from our trip:
I enjoy history and art, and couldn't bear to omit Rome or Florence from the itinerary. However, I would also like to experience some italian culture without following the throng of tourists that rush from site to site. My friend loves history like me, but would also like to enjoy some classic italian cuisine.
Based on these desires, we have fashioned a very rough itinerary of our three weeks in italy.
Venice- 3 days
Cinque Terre- 3 days
Bologna- 2 days
Florence- 3 days
Siena- 4 days (day trips- San Gimagnano, Volterra or Montepulciano?)
Rome- 5 days
Am I trying to fit too much into this trip? I highly value the advice and expertise of posters on this site and am looking forward to hearing your responses,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 2 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 3 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 4 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens