Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL MAIL ☎ 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset CONTACT Now ☎ AOL Tec*h baba!
- 2 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 3 Barcelona to Malaga
- 4 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 5 Which Area in London?
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 9 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 13 1st time to Europe
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 21 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 22 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 23 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 24 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 25 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade