I have 3 very precious weeks in Italy. It is my first time and I would love some guidance.
I fly to Rome 16/9/14 and I leave from Milan 6/10/14. I am travelling solo for this trip.
I am travelling mostly to find some heart and soul and because I have long dreamed of doing it in Italy. That said this has come about fairly "last minute" and I need some help.
My interests are in food, wine, beautiful landscapes, culture and the small details that make the difference. I'm also a newbie at photography so will look for those opportunities too. I want to spend as much time as I can in Florence and the Tuscan region but want to do Rome as a start and would love to spend a few days in Como, before heading to Milan at the end of my trip.
I have questions like where to stay in Rome and how long to spend there (3 days?), where to stay in Florence and then how to approach my trip into Tuscany. I plan to hire a car and see and do as much as possible without being frantic and missing the point.
I haven't booked anything yet, am starting that now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GTG Paris December 2017
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 9 10 days in europe
- 10 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 European honeymoon help needed
- 13 paris to london- day trip
- 14 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 15 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 16 land vs river cruise
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Portugal
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 21 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 22 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 23 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 24 Browsing Barcelona
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19