I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE Support 1:800:681:7208 Installation Activation CONTACT Mcafee Tec*h
- 2 MCAFEE Support 1:800:681:7208 Installation Activation CONTACT Mcafee Tec*h
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 11 Best Greek Island
- 12 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 15 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 16 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 17 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 18 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 19 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 23 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 24 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 25 The World's Greatest Churches
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?