In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 2 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 3 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 6 Help with Venice Trip?
- 7 Dubrovnik
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 Norte Dame light show!
- 10 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 13 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 10 Days in Austria
- 16 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Greece in end October
- 19 Champagne Tours
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 Le Marche Research Help
- 25 Lisbon neighborhoods