Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > 3 LADIES ....ATHENS TO PAROS/NAXOS NR2
Notices

3 LADIES ....ATHENS TO PAROS/NAXOS NR2

Jan 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

3 LADIES ....ATHENS TO PAROS/NAXOS NR2

I do not know what the problem is but I cannot "submit" comment to my previous topic. Been trying on and off for 15 hours to no avail. Therefore starting nr 2.
Unfortunately the 1545 flight from Athens to Paros is fully booked. Anybody know the arrival time in Paros of the 1730 Blue Star ferry? Any other suggestion?
Jan 16th, 2013, 11:25 AM

The 1730 Blue Star arrives on Paros at 2230, then arrives on Naxos about an hour later. Since you are arriving in Athens on a Friday, it's possible there will also be a Hellenic Seaways highspeed leaving that afternoon and arriving on Paros much earlier. Last year on the corresponding Friday (June 1st) Highspeed 4 departed Piraeus at 1600 and arrived on Paros at 1835. With a 1250 arrival in Athens you will have plenty of time to get to Piraeus by bus or taxi. The X96 bus goes directly to the port, and takes about 1hr 15min.

You will have to wait until spring for the Hellenic Seaways timetables to be released, and this particular ferry company changes its schedule year-to-year. Neither Blue Star nor the highspeed are likely to be fully booked, so it is safe to wait until April or early May to reserve seats on the ferry. In fact, I always wait until arriving in Greece to buy my ferry tickets. In the meantime you can keep checking the Olympic Air website to see if they offer a later flight. In my experience they sometimes make changes to the summer schedule, and in the past have had a flight around 1800-1900.
Jan 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM

I agree re: no need to buy tickets ahead of time. Late May/early June you can buy the tickets at the port.
Jan 18th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

It seems that I will have to wait until March/April to weigh up ALL my options.I would much rather fly direct to Paros/Naxos. Thanks Heimdall an Chania.

Search this Thread