As i said before, im going to spend a wonderful time in Italy next September. So excited =)
Well, my itinerary is 100% ok by now, but i have to change trains in Milano because apparently there's no way you can't scape Milano Centrale station during a 2 week tour in Italy.
So, here it goes: i'll leave Bergamo Alta in the morning and i have booked already my train ticket from Milano Centrale to Torino at 2pm. This means i'll arrive at Milano at around 11am or so, leaving me three hours in the city.
I don't plan to do much with this little time i have, so i'm asking you guys for smart tips to enjoy a nice coffee/snack/lunch/drink/sightseeing. Im not naive to do ALL OF THESE, its just a little relax in between trains.
What i am worried so far:
- leave my luggage in Milano Centrale, since you guys already told me there might be long lines to leave and to take them. Well, i don't want spend my piccola milanese morning on a line.
- Milano Centrale itself: from that ive read, it's a chaotic station, so i arrive there 40 minutes in advance to my train
- The distance to Duomo area itself: do you think i should take the subway, since google maps tell me that its a 40 minutes walk?
What i am considering:
- Duomo's roof, if the day is clear. This would be impossible with my luggage, right?
- a drink in Camparino, in Galleria Emanuelle. Too crowded?
- a nice walk around Brera area. Any ideas?
- any more idea?
More info: i should be there on FRIDAY. this means it would be more crowded than usual, right? Subways, street and Milano Centrale too, right?
I plan to visit Milano properly on a next trip to Italia, so i don't bother
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 Visit to France
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Packing Champagne
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Milan airport--which one
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 two days in Nice
- 19 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 New fast track
- 25 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips