Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   3 Hotels in Florence - Please help me decide - need to book Today! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-hotels-in-florence-please-help-me-decide-need-to-book-today-616566/)

Maire May 18th, 2006 09:24 AM

3 Hotels in Florence - Please help me decide - need to book Today!

Am considering one of the following hotels, and I would appreciate any comments anyone has. Would like to know about the kind of shower each has.

- Il Bargello
- Tourist House Ghiberti
- Hotel Casci

I was also looking at Hotel Davanzati, but it costs more than the other 3 which I can get for about the same price. Thanks.

maitaitom May 18th, 2006 09:38 AM

I definitely give a thumbs up to THG. Stayed there in September. Spacious rooms, double-paned windows kept noise out, decent breakfast spread, good location and the price was reasonable for Florence. I would stay there again.

((H))

Maire May 18th, 2006 09:55 AM

Thanks Maitai! How about the showers - were they enclosed with shower curtain or glass doors? If it was a shower stall, did it have its own base, or just a drain in the floor? Grazie Tom.

Flame123 May 18th, 2006 10:20 AM

I have stayed at Hotel Casci twice, most recently about 2 months ago. I love it. I can tell you lots of great things about it, including the great hospitality, nice buffet breakfast, wonderful location and completely spotless accomodations (I swear you could eat off the floor). But since you specifically ask about the shower, we stayed in room No. 10 which had a big bathtub, sink, toilet, bidet and a shower with a (very clean!!!) shower curtain and a raised platform on the floor, to keep everything from getting wet. It was lovely. Highly recommended from all aspects. Have fun.

maitaitom May 18th, 2006 10:33 AM

Our bathroom had an enclosed shower (not huge though), but our friends, if I remember correctly, just had a bathtub with shower attachment. Both bathrooms were good sized. Both THG and Casci get mostly good reviews so think you'll be fine with either. Don't know about Bargello.

((H))

Maire May 18th, 2006 10:40 AM

Thank you Flame and Maitai. Sounds like I have some good choices.

jkstrouse May 18th, 2006 10:49 AM

Another vote for the Casci. Great location, helpful staff, and absolutely spotless. I've stayed there twice, in two different rooms, and both times we had a large tub and shower. No shower curtain, which threw me a bit at first, but as it turned out you really didn't need it! Hope this helps---enjoy your trip!

Maire May 18th, 2006 12:31 PM

Thanks, Jk. Yes, it helps!

Maire May 18th, 2006 04:12 PM

ttt

jgg May 18th, 2006 05:36 PM

We stayed at the Tourist House Ghiberti last March. If I recall correctly, ours was a bathtub with shower attachment and shower curtain. It was great. I do recall my husband saying it was the best bathroom we had stayed in during our 2 weeks - quite large!

Maire May 18th, 2006 06:52 PM

That's great to hear - Thanks Jgg.

tribi May 18th, 2006 06:59 PM

I was in Florence on My 5th and 6th stayed at the Colomba Hotel it is just a few steps from hotel Casci
the location is great Rosanna the owner was wonderful. clean, breakfast very good i really like it.

Maire May 19th, 2006 09:56 AM

Thanks Tribi.

Has anyone stayed at il Bargello?