My husband and I are going to Italy by way of LHR and have have a friend in Swindon with a nice home, offering us his guest room (yes, we are aware... it's Swindon). Anyhow, it's our base, and he's a good friend who is open to us staying with him and going wherever we want. We have two free days (post jet lag recovery). We've been to London and loved it. We're trying to figure out what to do for the two days. That being said, here are some thoughts...
We’ve done some of the great sites in London and beyond - Tower of London, seen the exterior B Palace, London Bridge, been to Salisbury Cathedral and Windsor Castle, been to Stonehenge - and loved them all. Have been to a bit of the Cottswalds (Chipping Campden and a bit beyond) and are totally open to more of that (loved the Cottswolds). We’ve never been to Bath. We're wide open to exploration and ideas, within our time constraints.
On our last day, we want to end up in London. There's a restaurant (Chutney Mary) that was probably the best restaurant we've ever been to (ever), and we want to go again. We figure we'll say in London that night and fly to Italy the next day. So that should be taken into consideration.
Anyone care to throw some ideas out there for two free days based in Swindon? (We're headed to Florence, Tuscany - Montici, and Venice after).
If you need more info, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 2 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 3 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 9 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 New Years in France
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 14 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 15 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 16 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 17 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 18 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 21 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 24 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 25 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta