My husband and I found a fantastic deal on a flight to Zurich, so we grabbed it for the only time we can get away this fall. It's absurdly brief, but we're feeling really grateful for the chance to explore. We're flying in on the morning of October 13th, with a flight out of Zurich on the morning of the 16th. We know we don't want to stay in Zurich, and we're on a fairly tight budget.
What do you experts recommend for our time in Switzerland? Should we take the train to Lucerne and base there, so we don't spend valuable time on trains? Is it better to rent a car, since we hardly have enough time to make a Swiss pass worth the money? Is there another place in the country that would be an easy trip from Zurich, but would have access to some great sites?
We're both interested in experiencing scenery, food, and culture in the area....not interested in intense hiking in that time, but totally up for some walking!
Thanks for your gracious help and insights,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 Norte Dame light show!
- 4 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 Avignon
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 9 8 months around Europe
- 10 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 11 Favorite London memories
- 12 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 13 Ronda or Jerez
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 16 two days in rome
- 17 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 18 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 19 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 22 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 23 Budget trip
- 24 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona