3 days in Paris-Disney/MustSee/Shopping

Mar 24th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

3 days in Paris-Disney/MustSee/Shopping

Just discovered that instead of 4 days in Paris we are only going to stay 3 days.
I was hoping to spend half-a-day with my friend and her sun in Disney as we not
sure when my friends will be able to come to US. And I think her sun should see
Disney World now when he is 8 ? the best age!
Now ? we are arriving by night train from Hamburg to Paris on April, 3 at 10:00am.
(We are arriving to Hamburg in the morning on April, 2).

I think we could have breakfast on the train, right? and run to Hotel, check in and be available to explore Paris by Noon ?
My dilemmas:
3rd of April is Saturday. On first Sunday of the Month all museums are free.
How much can we save by going to Museums on Sunday per 4 adults and 2 kids?
Is it worth to wait considering time limit we have ? Are there tons of people on
free Sundays?
Keeping all this in mind ? what should we do upon arrival at Noon on Saturday ?
We are staying near Bastilia, 17 rue de Prague 12th Arrondisment.
If we go freely sightseeing and eat and shop on Saturday
and do ?MUST SEE? on Sunday
and go to Disney on Monday, spend half-a-day and leave, what do you think ?

Mar 24th, 2004, 07:50 AM

If you can only spend half a day at Disney just skip it. I think that would be torture for the 8 year old. There is no way to do half of the park in half a day and the child is going to be MISERABLE leaving to go do sites in Paris. The park is a comparable size to the the Magic Kingdom in Orlando and has the same crowds etc...

Lines will be LONG for the museums on Sunday.
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:00 AM

I totally agree w/ CarolA. If I only had 3 days in Paris (even with kids) I wouldn't spend the time to go to Disney. But if I did - it would HAVE to be for a full day. 1/2 a day for the park really makes no sense.

And don't wait until Sunday to save a few euro at the museums. The free admission means they are even more crowded than usual.
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:47 AM

As for the museums, I agree I wouldn't wait for the free day as they are so crowded.

If you are going to the usual big suspects (Orsay, etc), they will be free for the children if they are less than 18 years old. Those two museums are the most expensive in Paris, I think, and are about 7-8 euro for the adults. There are some museums that are always free, if budget it a big issue -- the ones belonging to the city of Paris. That would include the Carnavalet and the City of Paris Museum of Modern Art.
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM

I think I would rather shout "Steelers Suck" in a crowded bar in Pittsburgh than tell a group of kids they only get a half day at Disney.

Bonne chance.

Larry J
Mar 24th, 2004, 12:16 PM

Skip Disney unless you can give it the full day. But, do let the 8 yr. old enjoy one of the Paris parks. If you go to the Louvre, the Tuileries is just right there in front and it has a place where you can pay a euro or 2 and jump on a trampoline and it has other playground equipment that my kids just loved. If you are in the St. Germain area (e.g. if you visit the Cluny/Musee de Moyen Age), let him play at the playground at Luxembourg Gardens (costs 2 euro). Both parks also have carosels and marionette shows and ice cream and hot chocolate nearby.

My kids also loved climbing up things...esp. Notre Dame but also Sacre Coure (it also has a playground a carousel at the base) and the Arch de Triomphe.

Re thinking shopping on Saturday. We were at a department store in Paris last Sat. afternoon, and it was more crowded than any store in Dallas is on the weekend before Christmas!
Mar 25th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, but what do we MUST see to not to waste time on secondary things ?
Mar 25th, 2004, 05:43 AM

Goodness. The only way to know what you "must see" is to open a book and pick out the 3 most interesting places or sights. Maybe ask your kids to do the same, if they are not too young.

If your friend lives in France, their child can go to Disney anytime, whereas you are PAYING to visit Paris and only have a short time to do it. Ask your friend and child to join you for a day in Paris instead.