Travelling from Paris to Switzerland in Sep 2015 by Train. We are going to base ourselves either in Lauterbunne valley or Murren for 4 nights. We have 3 days and would like to experience some of the most wonderful sceneries in Switzerland.
Day 1: Depends on the weather, we might explore around Murren - Lauterbunne Valley. We are not big on long hikes as we do not have the gears for proper hiking. Any suggestions for ways to explore the area without too much hiking/walking? ( Bus/train/cable car)
Is 1 day long enough (We want to see waterfalls in the Valley as well)
Day2: Either cruise on Lake Thun and see Castillo Oberhofen or Lake Brienz and see ballensberg ( Which one is better?)
Day3: We would like to see more scenery perhaps up the mountain or either areas? (Any suggestions?)
Day4: Train to Munich
Also, is it worth it to buy a Swiss pass saver or half fare card? or would it be better to buy a Swiss and Germany rail pass since we are going to spend 3 days in Munich as well.
Thank you so much for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 Budget trip
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Driving
- 7 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 Algarve Town Selection
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 paris to london- day trip
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Portugal
- 22 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017