Planning our late-August trip to Spain, we have net 4.5 days in Madrid, after 4.5 days in Barcelona and 2 in Girona. Of those 4.5 Madrid days we want to spend 3 days on day-trips outside, using the train, and we even found accommodation very close to the Atocha station to make it easier for us.
1. We need to choose 3 destinations (different enough in style or atmosphere) out of this list: Toledo, Segovia, Cuenca, Avila or Salamanca.
2. Does it make sense to do an online purchase of a train-pass for a couple for those 3 round-trips, so that we're free with our itinerary and can jump on a train in the last minute?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Le Marche Research Help
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 4 10 Days in Austria
- 5 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 6 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 7 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 8 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 9 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 10 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.