I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 3 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 6 Driving
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 9 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 12 Poland--where else to go
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 5 days in Andalusia
- 15 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 16 South of France
- 17 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 20 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 21 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 22 Shall we Gdansk?
- 23 Help with Spain itinerary
- 24 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help