Notices

2nd Trip to Europe

Aug 26th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

2nd Trip to Europe

Hello everyone!

I'm beginning to quickly plan my 2nd trip to Europe either at the end of this November or during christmas. We went to France almost two years ago, and we were entranced with the beauty of Paris and the french alps during christmas. This time I really want to visit London, Amsterdam, and revisit Paris, but I'm worried that with only about 10 days that is too much. I have the option of doing an open-jaw itinerary but even then is 3 cities too cramped?
Aug 26th, 2015, 03:59 PM

That is a bit cramped for ten days for three big cities. But, you could train from Amsterdam to London (or the other direction) with a brief stop - one night? - in Paris, just to pop back in for a quick visit. I love to re-visit favorite places I've been, but sometimes only a brief re-visit is enough to balance my need to return with the desire to see new places.

Otherwise, if London and Amsterdam are must-sees for this trip, you could certainly do an open jaw flight into one and out of the other. If you don't stop in Paris, you could probably easyJet between them more quickly than taking the train.

Out of curiosity, what is the draw of London and Amsterdam at Christmastime? Are they decked out for the season? I've never been to Europe at that time of the year, but I usually hear places like Germany (certain cities) mentioned for their Christmas markets.
Aug 26th, 2015, 05:11 PM

London's beautiful during Christmastime, though famous for being closed down the 25th and 26th. Does get a lot of tourists over the holidays, but it can handle them.

For my money London, and few days in Paris over Christmas.
Aug 26th, 2015, 07:33 PM

Just saw some list that put London and Amsterdam as two of the most beautiful cities to see at Christmas.

While Christmas markets can be fun, other cities may be more beautiful with all the lights, decorations, music, etc.

If it were me, I would spend four days in London, go to Bruges via Brussels for two days, then to Amsterdam for 4 days. Look at images of Bruges at Christmas. Absolutely beautiful! You could see Bruges one night, and Brussels main square, the Grand Place, (a world heritage site) another night.

Search this Thread