Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   $299 RT airfare to Italy ! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/299-rt-airfare-to-italy-670726/)

mr_compass Jan 16th, 2007 05:53 AM

$299 RT airfare to Italy !

FYI -This was listed in an article in my Sunday travel section. I thought I would share with those who were looking. Eurofly is offering a $299 rt (w/o taxes, fuel)fare from NY to Rome. Price is good April 21 to May 8, valid for 1000 people min. I think you must book at there website euroflyusa.com I have no experience using them, the article states they do charter flights for Alitalia. Good luck !!

mr_compass Jan 16th, 2007 05:56 AM

Forgot to add, article states you can start buying Jan 21.

evecolorado Jan 16th, 2007 01:23 PM

I also noticed this in the paper on Sunday, went to their website and was able to buy it immediately. So, if you're interested, don't wait. The total with the taxes came to $368 for the round trip NY to Rome and returning to NY from Naples ($159 for the flight, $209 for the taxes, fees, etc.)

opaldog Jan 16th, 2007 03:12 PM

I just purchased tickets for 2, May 3-12. I got that rush you get from the spontaneous impulse to click your mouse and voila you are taking another trip. Then come the doubts, but hey, it's too late, we're going to Rome. We live on the CT/MA border and will drive to JFK. It looks as though the plane does not do e tickets and we will receive a paper ticket. Oh well, another adventure ahead.

wliwl Jan 16th, 2007 03:18 PM

OK, is Eurofly an airlines or what???? THANKS

opaldog Jan 16th, 2007 03:52 PM

Check out their website euroflyusa.com They are an airline that apparently used to do charter flights for Alitalia (according to Frommers website). This special fare is being touted on Frommer's as the best airfare to Rome they can remember. I took a chance on it. I hope that it pans out to be what it says it is.

evecolorado Jan 16th, 2007 04:10 PM

Well, opaldog, we'll probably see you on the plane--we're on the May 3rd flight, too.

opaldog Jan 17th, 2007 09:01 AM

evecolorado: did you get any kind of confirmation from eurofly after the initial confirmation immediately after you purchased? I see that it says it is not an eticket and that seats are not preassigned. Do you know if they fly into FCO? I am assuming so. I will probably contact the company for more info.

evecolorado Jan 19th, 2007 07:11 PM

opaldog: just that initial confirmation. It just said ROM. Hope the tickets come by mail, soon. Sorry to be slow getting back on this thread, they do get buried fast!

opaldog Jan 20th, 2007 01:28 AM

evecolorado:
I did call eurofly and was told that they fly into FCO and the tickets should arrive the end of February. Even though they refer to your email as a log in, they do not have the capability on their website to login anywhere. I checked the fare for my flight, just for the fun of it, and it was already $450 more per ticket than I paid. That confirms my decision to purchase the tickets.

hedylarue Jan 22nd, 2007 06:32 PM

Hey there! Glad I found this post. I'm on the May 3rd flight too! Just wanted to let you know that I called Eurofly because I got no e-mail confirmation and they e-mailed it right to me. Also, the told me the tickets would arrive within a few weeks. I was thinking, maybe since Eurofly is a charter airline they are going to wait until the flight is full and then issue the tickets. I saw that the April dates are already sold out and I would bet the May dates will sell out soon. Let's let eachother know when anyone gets tickets so we know to look out for them!

arcoiris Jan 22nd, 2007 10:25 PM

One more to the pack: I purchased a ticket, scheduled to depart april 25. It was too good a deal to resist.

suetibu Jan 22nd, 2007 11:03 PM

me too, may 3rd!!!

opaldog Jan 23rd, 2007 12:49 AM

I will post when my tickets arrive. I was told later in February. I'm all set; flights, apartments, hotel.

evecolorado Jan 23rd, 2007 02:45 PM

We'll have to have our own Fodor's party on the plane!

mcnyc Jan 23rd, 2007 02:57 PM

Ooo...drink to my bday on your flight over! Too bad the dates don't work for me, as I will be going the opposite direction during that time.

Enjoy one of my favorite cities!

villacapital Jan 26th, 2007 09:21 AM

Greetings to all Eurofly travelers!! I am booked, ticketed for their JFK-NAP service on May 7.I have spent time researching for the best Business class rate and am secure with my decision, thanks to all whom have posted their experiences with this airline. Of course, even the best US flags have issues, so don't expect the worst, look forward to the adventure of travel, fun, experience!!
Buon viaggio tutti amici.

hedylarue Jan 26th, 2007 01:41 PM

All seats are sold out! Congrats to all who got in on it!

aathill Jan 30th, 2007 03:50 PM

Just received my tickets today(NY-Rome, Bologna-NY) delivered by UPS for travel May 3rd - may 13th.

mvor Jan 30th, 2007 04:06 PM

We received our April 22nd tix last week. FWIW, the packet required a signature for delivery (UPS called the day before), not a big deal unless your doorbell is broken. Anyway, it's kind of fun to have paper tickets for a change. Enjoy your trips everyone!