$275 roundtrip from Madrid to Barcelona?

Dec 16th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

$275 roundtrip from Madrid to Barcelona?

Hi to all!

I was searching in Internet for air tickets from Madrid to Barcelon (roundtrip)and I came across with some expensive tariffs for the trip. For example: $260 with Iberia (by phone); $275 with Iberia (Travelocity); $135 with Spanair (but leaving Madrid in the morning and returning from Barcelona at 11pm, arriving next day at 12:10am in Madrid). But, when searching at Iberia's website, there is a $90 tariff for same trip. Am I overlooking something in Iberia's website that is giving me this low price? Need your thougths in this matter.

Thanks
Dec 16th, 2003, 06:51 AM
JonJon

Sometimes the one-way fare is cheaper than a RT, which, as you know, is often unusual. If they're offering a great fare, go for it. If you use a CC you're liability is very limited.
I used Iberia to get from Madrid to Barcelona two years ago and the OW fare was about $67....much much cheaper than anyone else's. I used it and found the service first-rate, faster than train or bus or car. Go for it!

Dec 16th, 2003, 06:53 AM

I was looking for tickets in March 2004 for a flight between Madrid Spain And Malaga Spain 1hr 20 min flight Search on the Fodor's booking link Expedia.com for 2 adult & 2 child tickets Expedia price $681.34 RT so I tried Travelocity.com same price . So I went directly to the Iberia web site exact same Iteneary $239.00 RT E tickets A $442.00 difference and no $20.00 booking fee or $15.00 fedex charge . So do your homework it pays!

Dec 16th, 2003, 10:14 AM

Hi Gilberto,

Definitely use the airline's direct website - whether it be Iberia or Spanair. Also, check different times - some times/days are cheaper than others.

$90 is about right. I am flying one way from Granada to Barcelona in February on Iberia, and it cost me $35.

If it's $90 on Iberia.com, buy the tickets there! I bought my ticket directly on the website, and almost instantly had email confirmation, and a few hours later another email confirmation saying the reservation had been booked. No problem. Plus, they gave me a 5 euro discount for booking on the web, which I didn't know they were going to do until I got the confirmation!

Karen
Dec 16th, 2003, 10:53 AM

I purchased two tickets from Granada to Barcelona on the Iberia web site for early June 2004.

The price came up as 66.90 Euros for both tickets together.

When I got my Visa bill I was surprised to see a charge of 58.9 Euros.

I then double-checked the electronic ticket I had received via email and sure enough the price on each was 29.45 Euros.

When booking on Iberia be careful about the price. One day off or one flight time off and the difference could be a few hundred Euros. A bit of flexibility could save a lot of money.
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:24 PM

Did the same Granada - Barcelona route as others here, for the same 28 euro (plus taxes, minus online booking discount). When I called Iberia (before booking) to see if this was a legitimate rate, not a typo, I also was quoted a much higher rate for booking by phone (130 Euros!)and was told the discount was ONLY available online.
Got my e-ticket confirmation immediately, and used the tickets with no problems.
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:30 PM

What I meant was even online from one day to the next or even one flight to the next on the same day could vary greatly.