I've decided to join the last 3 weeks of my wifes' maternity leave, and we'll travel to southern france. We'll arrive at Marsailli at 15.5, and will depart from Geneva @ the 5.6. We'll be a 33 years old couple with a 2.5 month old baby, and we'll travel with a car.
The last five days of the trip are finalized - we'll stay with Friends at Chamonix. We'll appreciate your inputs for the rest of it. We thought of the following itinerary -
1. ~6 days in St. Remi or nearby village - exploring the provence area.
2. 3-4 days in Grenoble or nearby.
3. 5 - 6 days in Annecy area.
4. 5 days in Chamonix [ closed].
As we'll be traveling with a baby, we want to minimize the places we sleep in, and prefer to go for short day trips - nothing too challenging, looking for nice scenery, short walks, towns and villages. Note that the Cannes festival will be at this time, so we believe it isn't a good idea to visit this area.
What do you think? Does the 'split' between locations make sense? Should we add another location at 'eastern' provence area?
We'll be very happy for any input, and recommendations for villages to be based on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 First time in Spain
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 23 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery