I am looking for some advice on a 2 and a half moth Europe trip i have been planing for a while. Me and my husband are traveling next April, from Australia, for our first BIG overseas trip. I am looking for some advice on where we can improve, We are really trying to find a happy medium between seeing a lot of places and leaving time to soak it all up, If that's even possible . We are planning on using the train/ public transport for most Journeys, however we will get a plane for those over Say 5 hours.
About us: we are a 26 year old couple, who love sport, architecture, and History. We both love the Coastal settings, and i am very keen on wine
6 Nights in Rome
4 Nights in Florence
2 Nights in Venice
1 night in Milan
2 Nights in Lake Como
We will train back to Milan and hire a car and head to Cinque terre and stay the night
From then we have 6 nights with the car to drive along the Italian coast and into the French Rivera followed by Marseille and Avignon.
From Marseille we will fly to Barcelona
3 Nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Madrid
We have then chosen a 5 day tour (through Viator) through the south of Spain (Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Ronda, Costa del Sol, and Granada.
From the tour leaving us in Madrid we will travel to Bordeaux
2 Nights in Bordeaux
7 Nights in Paris
1 night in Brussels
2 Nights in Brugges
5 Nights in Amsterdam
5 Nights in Berlin
6 Nights in Germany Spare (Still deciding on the exact places to go, ANY IDEAS?????)
4 Nights in Munich
3 Nights in Prague
2 Nights in Innsbruck
2 Nights in Salzburg
3 Nights in Vienna
Any ideas/comments on this itinerary would be very much appreciated.
Kate And Tim
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 3 Milan airport--which one
- 4 Trains - website?
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 two days in Nice
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 New fast track
- 18 Packing Champagne
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!