I will be in Milan in Sept and have approximately 3 and a half days in Milan.
Day 1(Thur) arrive in Milan, meeting with business colleagues (full day)
Day 2 (fri) (empty for now)
Day 3 (sat) - two hour tour with Tickitaly including Last Supper viewing, Sfroza Castle)This will end around 11.30 am. I will be meeting friends for shopping. (She lives in Italy so will be bringing me around)
Day 4 (sun) - Morning free, flight to Frankfurt at 6.15 pm
For Day 2 I am thinking of doing a day trip to either Lugano, Lake Como, or Verona. it is actually my first trip to Italy so perhaps that would help in decision making. I would like to visit a town with nice scenery/village setting, good food, easy accessibilty and some shopping.
For Day 4 are the shops in Milan open on Sunday? I will be staying at Hotel Straf near the Duomo.
- any recommended restaurants near the Duomo ? I would love to try authentic Italian food, some fabulous gelato and coffee.
-any telco shops near Hotel Straf? or am I better off getting a data/phone SIM from Malpensa upon landing?
Any advice re: the day trip and shopping are appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 2 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 6 beware of robbed in Milan
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 17 Which Area in London?
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 22 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 Paris November 2017