20th Anniversary in Europe - where?

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Diane Moll

20th Anniversary in Europe - where?

This year we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniverary, late December. Any suggestions where the weather might be reasonably good, traveling from the US and then by train, and interesting?? We have travelled to Europe every year for the past 12 years but never at this time of year and not for this kind of special occassion, thank you.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Ann

Diane, I can think of several wonderfully romantic places. We just celebrated our 25th anniversary in Zermatt but in December, need to know if you'll be spending Christmas/New Year's or if those holidays are important to you? Or what you enjoy doing when you're not just spending time together? And what's your definition of good weather? Sunny skies and beaches or snow-covered mountains? We spent a wonderful Christmas in an historic inn on the Welsh border with a formal "programme" for the holidays and will remember it always; same for the Christmas we spent inside the walls of Rothenburg after the Christmas market tourists left... please give us some hints!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Tony

Diane,
If by good weather you mean warm and sunny, I think for you December is not a good time in Europe. But if you mean clear, fresh and bright, then consider Prague. It is always enchanting but at that time of year the cold sightseeing excursions feel all the better for the good warming friendly hospitality. And they celebrate Christmas very well too.
Travel by plane then public transport is no problem.
Or perhaps the Alsace region of France. Totally different in Winter from its Summer guise.

Tony

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 09:48 AM
pookie

The place to go is to the Italian lakes. Lake Como would be good. If you haven't been there it is in my opinion the most romantic place on earth. Go

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:32 AM
elvira

Hmm...I'd look at the Canary Islands for good weather and beaches. Maybe Madagascar. Or Morocco, or Malta. There are some very beautiful resort-type accommodations in Marrakech.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Paula

Diane,
We recently celebrated our 20th anniversary in Europe. Did 2 weeks in Spain (Marbella, Granada, Serville, Madrid, Toledo) and 2 in France (Mougin, Aix, and Paris). If I had to pick just one spot for December, it would probably be southern Spain.
Have a great time whatever you decide.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 09:55 PM
jorge

Greek islands