2018 Chelsea Flower Show

Jul 10th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

2018 Chelsea Flower Show

My husband and I are planning on visiting the Chelsea flower show next year. My husband will join RHS. Will he be able to purchase tickets for both of us or do I have to have a membership also. The tickets go on sale in 3 weeks. If we get our RHS membership now will we have to wait long for an ID number or some other membership information before we can get the tickets?
Thanks in advance!
Jul 10th, 2017, 11:07 AM

Neither of you, in my experience, need to be members.

In benefits of membership from the website: "Flower Shows: Privileged entry and reduced rate tickets to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show..."

But anyone can buy tickets, member or not.
Jul 10th, 2017, 11:29 AM

You do need to be a member to attend the first two days . . . They are only crowded, not INSANELY crowded like Thurs-Sat,

I'm not totally sure re the answer to your question. The last two times I've attended I was solo so I didn't try to buy two tix. Last time I was both a member and needed multiple tickets was years ago so I'm sure the policies have changed. Maybe e-mail or phone the RHS to make sure.

BTW - membership no longer guarantees one tix to the Flower show. It has gotten (did I say INSANELY) popular and they limit the number of tickets.

You have time to contact them and decide before you need to join as an individual or couple.
Jul 10th, 2017, 11:51 AM

I'll add that once was enough for me. "Insane" is a good description. I'd watched it on TV in years prior to attending and had gotten better views of the installations, by far, than I was able to see in person. I found it a frustrating experience, to say the least.
Jul 10th, 2017, 12:59 PM

Which is why attending on members days is better if possible . . .
Jul 10th, 2017, 02:34 PM

The last word.