Reload this Page >

2003 Travel Plans - What are They?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Howard

Just curious what people are planning to do next year. Here are my plans, as of now:<BR><BR>In mid-January, a long weekend trip from my home in DC to Miami Beach for their annual Art Deco weekend.<BR><BR>In late May/early June a 2.5 week trip to Europe as follows:<BR><BR>5 days in London with a day trip or two (perhaps to Cambridge and/or Canterbury) We have tkts to the Chelsea Flower Show and a Bruce Springsteen concert.<BR><BR>A week in Malta<BR><BR>Three or four days in either Sicily or Tunisia (Tunis) which we would go to from Malta.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Selena

We are going to Amsterdam, then Spain from Sept.20-Oct.11<BR>It will be our first time in Spain. We have been to Amsterdam before and love that city.<BR>I cant wait !!!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Dawn

January 9 through February 26 is a trip through SE Asia (Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia)<BR><BR>Mid-March is a trip back to my hometown of Little Rock to brief the relatives on my fall wedding (pick out bridesmaid dresses, etc.)<BR><BR>September 6 through 14 I will be in Rome and Venice for my wedding. September 14 through 28 on my honeymoon in France (St. Paul de Vence, St. Tropez, St. Remy, Loire Valley and Paris)<BR><BR>That is all I have planned thus far.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Vita

I'm thinking either Spain, Peru, or Mexico. Regardless (irregardless? whatever), I'll need to start brushing up on my espanol. Not easy after internalizing Italian pronunciation.<BR><BR>Depending on when I go, I might squeeze in another trip to Rome in November. It's only been a couple of days but my heart is aching for Rome.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Gina

Sounds like you've got a lot planned so far, Dawn!<BR>I'm off to Toronto for 4 days in May and then a long hot summer before heading to Italy (Florence &amp; Cinque Terre) for the first week of October. That's all for 2003, but plan a week in Paris in the spring of 2004. Just wish I could afford to go across the pond more often!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Patrick

Flying to New York for three nights at the end of May before taking a DAY flight to London.<BR>London: 15 nights in rental flat<BR>Fly to Berlin: 5 nights<BR>Leipzig: 3 nights (day to Dresden)<BR>Garmisch: 5 nights<BR>Munich: 4 nights<BR>Stuttgart: 3 nights<BR>Basel: 2 nights<BR>Weggis: 3 nights<BR>Poschiavo: 3 nights<BR>Chur: 4 nights<BR>Saas Fee: 3 nights<BR>Gstaad: 4 nights<BR>Montreux: 3 nights<BR>Paris: 7 nights<BR><BR>Will then fly home on August 3, take a 10 day breather, then fly to California for friends. Four of us renting a van to do the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Tahoe, Yosemite, Carmel, and Los Angeles for 17 days total, arriving home on Labor Day.<BR><BR>Then on September 1, think about declaring bankruptcy, maybe.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:02 PM
mauld

I plan the majority of my overseas trips over the long US holiday weekends, so here goes:<BR>Jan- Singapore<BR>March-Glasgow/Edinburg<BR>April- Copenhagen/Helsinki/Tallin<BR>May-Hong Kong/ Macau<BR>July- Warsaw<BR>Oct- Venice or Naples/Sorrento

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Thyra

February-London, Paris<BR>May- Trekking in Peru<BR><BR>

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Jim Tardio

In April I'll be visiting Amsterdam. Late June a Carribean Cruise. Late September a week in Cuba.<BR><BR>Closer to home, trips to San Francisco, Monterey and the central coast in general. Perhaps some time in Florida before the cruise.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Monica

My BIG trip for 2003 will be to China! I'm very excited and looking forward to new experiences. Will be traveling alone but am sure I'll meet some great people on the tour.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 06:25 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Central Spain to include Segovia,Avila, and Salamnaca over Holy Week. Hope to hit Palm Sunday in Segovia and Easter Saturday in Ciudad Rodrigo--thanks to the tip from our resident Spain expert, Maribel. The 2nd week I will be doing a program for English speakers for Spanish executives in Barco de Avila. It will be the 4th time we have spent Holy week in Spain, Italy or Portugal.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 06:49 PM
nancy

2 weeks in Malta with an additional 5 days in Sicily, all in April. Since I've planned (and paid for a bit of this trip) I'm usually on to planning my next trip for Fall. But, haven't come up with anything yet. I want to go on Patrick's trip!!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Danie

Hi<BR>January, a trip to NYC to visit our son. <BR>April two weeks in Spain. July Oregon, September China. Have not planned the china trip yet, but it's on the calendar. Happy trails everyone

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Leslie

16 days in Spain in the middle of March to include Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, El Escorial, Avila, Seville, Cordoba, Granada and Barcelona.<BR><BR>Possibly, 10 days in Turkey in May or else 10 days in St. Petersburg and Moscow in June.<BR><BR>2 weeks in Poland in early October.<BR><BR>Most likely, 3 days in London over Thanksgiving.<BR><BR>If I don't any of the above 3, then there's a chance of a 3 week trip to China, Hong Kong and Bangkok at the beginning of November, but I'm uneasy about flying 22 hours at one shot. There aren't enough drugs to keep me comatose for that long a flight.<BR><BR>A trip with a friend between Christmas and New Year's, but the location hasn't been decided. Up for grabs are Paris, Brugges and Ghent, Amsterdam, Venice, Prague and Dresden. It will at least be a combination of these locations.<BR><BR>3-day weekends in NYC, Savannah or Charleston, and Montreal.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 07:55 PM
ed

Sometime in May a week in Paris- with possibly day trips to the Chateau country and Giverney.<BR>The fall itinerary is still in the planning stage. Perhaps Spain

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:21 PM
charlene

Barcelona in January, Dublin at Easter, Crete for a week in May (hopefully), two weeks at Port Grimaud (across the bay from St tropez) in September (we went last Sep for a month, loved it!), and haven't decided on Christmas yet, maybe Egypt or Turket (this year we are going to Kenya)

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 05:25 AM
kpglo

Planning a 23 day excursion through Spain in May.<BR> <BR>Granada 5 nights<BR>Ronda 4 nights<BR>Sevilla 4 nights<BR>Caceres (Extremadura) 4 nights<BR>Toledo 2 nights<BR>Madrid 4 nights<BR>Lots of day excursions by car.<BR><BR>Can't wait!

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Anna

Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand from Jan 18- Feb 11. (Maybe we'll bump into you Dawn).<BR><BR>A week in the Caribbean in April.<BR><BR>Door County, WI in July.<BR><BR>Two weeks somewhere in the world in Sept or Oct.<BR><BR>Christmas markets for 10 days in Germany &amp; Austria in December.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 06:19 AM
????How???

Yowee, how do you all do it? Dawn, Anna, are you guys just rich or what? If I'm lucky, I get a 2 or 3 week trip every few years, but how the heck can you pick up and go like that??? Don't you all have jobs to go to and bills to pay????

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Katherine

2003 will be the year that I tour my own country the good ole USA. I am planning a good old fashioned road trip.