Reload this Page >

20 days 20 cities and lose 20 Lbs in European tour

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 08:02 AM
James

I came back recently from a European tour and it was my 7th if not 8th times to visit Europe. Most people think that it's ridiculous or impossible to visit as many as 20 cities/town in 3 weeks and spend as little as $2000.00 including airfare, first class train ticket, accomodations and 3 meals daily. I've done it over and over again and I am telling you it is not that hectic nor too short of a time in one place. The duration on each places varies accordingly like Paris will be at least 2 days and one night whereas Heidelberg will take only 4 hours to visit. A lot of night trains journey also allow you to maximize your vacation and side trips on the day of your arrival in a new place saves another stamp on your Europass. If travelling in pairs, Budget hotel is cheaper and more private than Hostels. A lot of walking is involve and moving from one place to the next definitely shakes off extra pounds. I lost at least 10 lbs in 3 weeks time, visited 20 cities and town substantially, and spend $1000.00 in(air and ground)transportation fares, eat 3 good meals with 1 star budget hotel accomodation for $50.00 a day. Want to know how? E-mail me if you're interested

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 01:58 PM
Glaucia Arruda

Dear James, <BR>Being a budget-minded traveller, I do want to learn more about your economical trips! I'm planning well in advance a trip to Europe (London+Paris to start with) for the month of July 99 (if I don't die of anxiety first!). In fact, I'd very much like to visit London, Brighton, Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, etc. I intend to spend 30 days there. Any hints/suggestions are welcome. Thanks so much in advance! <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 02:58 PM
doug

yes i would like to know how. <BR>thanks doug

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 12:33 AM
Carole

Yep James - me too. E-mail me info if you can. I am leaving to travel on Wednesday so would be great if you could send me info before then. Thanks.

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 01:33 AM
Jen Z

James, you are my hero, and I don't think you're nuts to travel as you do. I spent nine weeks in Europe in '95 for 5000$Cdn (then about 4000$US, roughly). I love taking the fast-paced approach, and if that means sleeping for a week straight once I get home, so be it. The one pair of pants I took with me on that first trip (packing light, of course) were hanging off me by the time I got home, I know all about that. It wasn't important (however, I noticed that anorexia in the girls' dorms in youth hostels was running rampant, like these girls left home purposefully to get away from their parents to lose weight, and that's bad....but that's another story). <BR> <BR>I agree with Rick Steves' philosophy: the less you spend, the better time you will have. I returned to Europe the following year on my honeymoon, and spent quite a bit more money. My husband and I met no body, made no new friends, and didn't have the same insight that I did on my first trip. And no matter how successful we might become in the future, you will not catch me in this travel forum asking for recommendations for a $200+ hotel room.

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 07:34 AM
James

Carol, look it up on the forum under European budget forum authored by Owen, I wrote something on how to go about the best accomodations. That basically is the first step. If you need to know other subject like stretching your vaction time and maximizing your train pass, e-mail me directly.

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 05:58 PM
Erika

<BR>Sure, I'd like to know how! Please post info or email me. Thanks,

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 06:56 PM
Elena Alvarez

You have so much info about Europe, could you please email me your recommendations and best time of year to visit London? This will be my first trip to Europe and I plan to do so next year in 1999. Thanks, Elena