Search

NYE 2013 In Italy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYE 2013 In Italy

Hello,

I am traveling to Italy this holiday season and am trying to figure out what to do for new years eve. I have a train pass so I was thinking between Rome, Venice, Milan, or Florence. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 06:12 AM

A quick search for Capodanno in Firenze gave me this.

http://www.capodannofirenze.org/

The weather is something you might consider if you would like to spend the eve outside in a piazza attending concerts and festivities.
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Milena those are some cool spots for Florence!
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 07:15 AM

WesMan,

You can do a "capodanno" search for every city you mentioned and see what's happening. You can even do that kind of a search on YouTube and come up with videos from last year for each city.

You can also do a search for "previsioni meteo" for all the same cities and see a long term weather forecast. Not very reliable when it comes to rain, but often in the ballpark when it comes to temperatures.

Nobody knows what you want to do on NYE. Italians usually go home and play cards with their families. Young adults go hang out somewhere like a favorite bar or head to a big piazza to look at 10 minutes of fireworks. Rome is rowdy. Venice tries to commercialize it but the town is otherwise dead. In Milan and Florence, young people basically look to hook up with their friends. Napoli is wild, and they've been known to set half the town on fire with explosions.
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 12:26 PM

I spent last NYE in Rome and had a blast! There were tons of people on the streets, many closed to vehicle traffic for the night.
Several of the Piazza's had fireworks and outdoor parties going on. There was a concert in front of the Forum.
Grab a bottle of Champagne from a street vendor, and an umbrella (you'll find out why ) and just follow the crowd to celebrate the count down at midnight!
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. Not sure if we were looking or a rowdy night out at a lounge or an outdoor extravaganza in a piazza. We got here a few days ago and I am thinking the forum as Hollywoodsc suggested might be the best bet. Still a few days until, I will continue to search the terms you've suggested. Thanks again!