Notices

2 weeks travel to europe

Jan 14th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

2 weeks travel to europe

Hi,

Myself and my husband is planning to do our first europe tripe. We are planning to fly out from Australia on 24th of April this year to London. We are thinking of making a stop over at Paris as we are flying by Air France and it already have a stop over there. We assume its better to travel around europe for 2 weeks and then go to London as my brother live there. Could you please help me out in planning the Itinerary. We want to visit some european villages and cities. We have 14 days to do the trip as we have to be back by 18th of May. As this is our first time I am not sure how to book the accomodation and plan the travel.

Thanks,

Nidhi
Jan 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM

Europe is a very varied continent. The European Union consist of something like 23 separate countries. It would be impossible for me, or most others who write on this Forum, to give you useful advise at the risk of possibly completely misdirecting you.

I suggest the followinguy a travel book like Fodors, on Europe, and decide on the countries you want to visit and within these countries which general areas - - the alps? The beaches? Scenic rivers Large cities or small village? Are museums important to you?

For 14 days, I suggest 3, at the most 4 central locations (cities, towns)overall, with day trip by train or car from these, where trains are the more economical ways of transport. They run frequently, are usulally not overcroweded and there are some very reasonable regional day tickets available. For example, the Bayern Ticket is good for one day, for all of the state of Bavararia in Germany, for any given day, for EUR26 for the two of you.
Jan 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks alot treplow.. I am sure we are going to Paris but cannot decide on the other three cities. May be we have to do alot of research. I think Amsterdam is a good city to visit.

Thanks for your time once again

Search this Thread