I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 2 First time in Spain
- 3 Packing Champagne
- 4 Manchester hotels
- 5 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 6 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 7 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 15 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 16 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 19 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 23 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 24 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 25 Wedding In Cambridge England