2 week Ireland Itinerary

May 7th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

2 week Ireland Itinerary

Greetings All! Have been enjoying reading all the advice, finally ready to post our own Itnerary from Traveling May 21 - June 4, arriving and departing from Dublin. Main thing we are interested in are sacred sites, church ruins, natural sites, etc. Have tried hard not to pack too much into one day. We don;t mind having to do one night stays, as there are many places we want to see and experience. Happy to make side trips to any noted stone circles or holy wells. So...here goes ( BTW - we are both in good shape!) Your thoughts and suggestions Highly welcome! We have vouchers for B and Bs but have not booked any yet - but want to have a plan for them.

Day 1 - depart US, arrive in dublin about 9:30am
Day2 - Sites of Dublin - Trinity College, Book of kells, Christ church , Temple bar area at night. Staying at JuryHouse Inn, christchurch.
Day 3. Pick up rental car. Explore Glendalough, Wicklow Mts. Aveco ( balleykissangel fans - and yes, we realize there is not a lot to see there. still want to visit fitzgeralds and stand on the bridge! Have a good book about Glendalough.
Day4 Rock of Cashel Area.
Day 5 Blarney Castle and area. Touristy, I know - but just gotta do it.
Day 5 Ring of Kerry Area.
Day 6,7,8 Further explore Ring of Kerry, Dingle Pennisula. Top priority to get to Skelling Michael. We understand that due to weather, only get there 5 out of 7 days on average, so will be flexible in this time period, trying each day.
Day 9 Bunratty Castle area, Folkpark.
Day10. Explore Buren area and Cliffs of Mohr
Day11 Aran Islands
Day 12 Kylmore Abbey area.
Day 13 Newgrange, Tara, drop off rental car. Stay at Airport
Day 14 Return Home.

thanks!
May 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Looks like a good plan to me, well thought out.
May 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM

Looks like a wonderful trip. Have a great time! (Just a niggle: it's Avoca (not Aveco) and it is well worth a stop. I have been several times because I loved Ballykissangel so much. wish our PBS would bring it back.

Search this Thread