Train versis Plane

Old Jun 9th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train versis Plane

Hello, forum members. I need your help. I am still making plans for my trip in Spain.
I have checked Ryan Air from Madrid to Granada and it appears the only flight on a Sunday is 6:20 in the early evening. I arrive at Madrid Airport at around 7:30 AM on a Sunday. I want to go to Granada that day. I will be tired but want to go directly to Granada.
I priced Iberia and it would cost 210.00 or so 1 way. Any suggestions for other
airlines from Madrid to Granada or train schedule with change-over in Cordoba
The fast train goes to Cordoba but not to Granada. I would rather get there by plane. I have very limited time in Spain.
I can't change my flight reservations from Boston to Madrid.
Any advise would be most helpful
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 08:25 AM

www.spanair.com/web/en-gb/ has flights between Madrid and Granada.
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 03:35 AM

I do not think that there is no airport for Granada. The nearest one is quite some km away…this is a trick of Ryanair. Say one city and fly to a loclal town.

Besides you may think that a train takes longer but by the time you have allowed time to get to and from the airport (verses train station near to CC) time for booking line and time for security) Plus sometimes planes are delayed “for technical reason” then the plane travelling may not be your best option.
Still if you are set on flying have a look at the official website for Madrid’s airport as it lists the flights and companies for the routes you wish to take.

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?pa...=1049727006353
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 03:47 AM

There IS an airport in Granada and it is not a very long bus or taxi ride to the center of the city
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 03:56 AM

There is only one airport in Granada, called Federico García Lorca Granada-Jáen Airport, 12 km west of city centre and connected by a bus that's linked to each arrival. This is the airport Ryanair flies into.
It'll still be quicker to fly to Granada if you are flying into Madrid, as it only takes about an hour and even if you have to change terminals. The trick with Iberia is to book roundtrip and throw away the return portion (unless you are going back to Madrid). R/T fare will be a lot cheaper than a one-way fare. It also leaves from Terminal 4 at Madrid, so if you are flying into T4, then there's no change of terminals involved. First flight leaves Madrid at 1250.