2* or 3* hotels in the 14th, please?

Jan 30th, 2002, 11:24 PM
molly

2* or 3* hotels in the 14th, please?

I was thinking of booking a room in the 6th, but after reading the thread about the restaurants in the Montparnasse area, I m thinking that would be a fun area to stay in! Can you recommended any 2 or 3* hotels in that area, under 100 euros? Thank you!

Jan 31st, 2002, 12:30 AM
Ursula

Molly, here are some suggestions:
You should know, that the 6th (south) and the 14th (north) are part of Montparnasse:

Here are some *** close to Vavin metro stop:

6th:
Atelier Montparnasse
49, Rue Vavin

Hotel Danemark
21, rue Vavin

Sainte Beuve
9, Sainte Beuve

Residence Montparnasse
14, Rue Stanislas

14th (south of Blvd Montparnasse):

Apollinaire
39, Rue Delambre

Delambre
35, Rue Delambre

Lenox Montparnasse
15, Rue Delambre

Raspail Montparnasse
203, Boulevard Raspail

They are all located in smaller and quiet streets with the exception of the Raspail Montparnasse.

All of them are smaller hotels, some what you call "boutique hotels". Most of them are quite popular and fill up very quicky like the Lenox or the Danemark.
I will try to find some nice and quiet ** for you. The *** are probably all a little over 100 Euros.

Jan 31st, 2002, 12:45 AM
Ursula

Molly, here are two ** that I consider quite nice and in very quiet streets:

Chaplain Rive Gauche
11bis, Rue Jules Chaplain
6th, metro Vavin

Perreyve
63, Rue Madame
6th, metro Notre-Dame-des-Champs

There are a lot more places, but some of them look really shabby and are not noisy streets like the Blvd. Montparnasse itself.

Personally, I would avoid to stay too close to the Montparnasse metro stop. The area is very noisy, busy and the metro stop is huge. Try to pick a place on Rue Delambre or one in the 6th where you can use different small stops on different metro lines. That would be the case with the hotels on Rue Delambre. Both Vavin and Edgar-Quinet are fine.
If you need further help, come back.
You will find some more information about the hotels on www.paris.org
Go to "Hotels" and click "6th" or "14th",

Jan 31st, 2002, 01:00 AM
molly

Ursula, wow!! Thank you so much for the quick & super thorough response! And thanks for the clarification on the delineation of the boundaries of the Montparnasse area. I can't wait to start researching your suggestions!

Jan 31st, 2002, 01:52 AM
Ursula

Molly, I made a bad mistake. How could I.
Rue Delambre is already in the 14th, but just off Blvd. Montparnasse which marks the border between the 6th/14th. Sorry for the confusion.
BTW: Rue Delambre is a street I really like. Not too crowded, but some nice places (sushi places and others) and two nice bakeries.

Jan 31st, 2002, 12:30 PM
Christina

All of those are good recommendations, I think the Lenox and Delambre are particularly good values. I'd add another 2 star, the Istria at 29 rue Campagne Premiere http://www.select-paris.com/hotels/m...se/istria.html, and also the Daguerre which is not the same area, a little farther south.

There are some other good 3 star hotels, in particular the Jardin Le Brea and Le Royal, both are on www.smallandeleganthotels.com. The Royal is Art Deco and was being renovated last summer, it should be done by now. The Raspail across the street is Art Nouveau and a lot of people like it (just don't confuse it with the Mercure Raspail next door). I also like the 3-star Hotel Aiglon a little farther down bd Raspail. Another newly renovated nice 3-star is the Hotel Renior at 39, rue Montparnasse (see www.france-hotel-guide.com). I think that is the old Apollinaire that Ursual mentions. Hotel Novonox on bd Montparnasse east of Raspail is a decent larger 3-star, the Villa des Artistes (Best Western) is right around there, also. If one wants kitchenettes (apartmenthotels), Villa Luxembourg is a very good location (used to be Citadines) www.villa-luxembourg.com

In short, there are many good hotel choices in that area. Most are 100euros and under, I'd guess, because you get better value there than in St-Germain. Perhaps the Villa des Artistes is higher (would not be my first choice anyway), as well as the aparthotel and maybe Jardin le Brea (I think Sainte Beuve is the high end, also).

Search this Thread