My sister, husband and I are traveling in April to Zurich then going to Italy. We have all been to Switzerland but want to ride the Bernina Express into Italy. What would be the best place for us to spend two nights before catching the Bernina Express? We initially planned on staying in Pontresenia for two nights but we are not hikers or skiers. Would there be enough for us to do in this area weather allowing in April? We could go to Luzern and spend a night or maybe two if we can still make the Bernina Express work from there. Another option would be Chur...Any advice or opinions? We have all been to Luzern but it is so beautiful it may be the best choice if we can make the Bernina connection. We have hotel reservations in the Lake Como area following the trip on the Bernina Express. I welcome all opinions and help you can offer. Our travel date is April 10th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 beware of robbed in Milan
- 15 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 16 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 17 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring