Bit of background
Will be arriving in Rome in the evening 8pm, will head to our hotel and enjoy the pool that night. Family of 4, with 2 kids around 10 yrs. We will get up in the morning, take hotel shuttle to the train station, leave our luggage there, then explore rome. We have been in Rome so, this is more of a quick refresher of the Coliseum, forum, few more spots. Take an evening fast train around 8pm to Napoli. Stay the night in a hotel near the train station. Wake up early and take the local train to Sorrento where we will be staying for 2 nights.
DAY 1 in Sorrento
We plan on arriving Sorrento around 10am from Napoli. We are considering leaving our luggage at the train station and then take the ferry to Capri. Spend the day there, wondering around till about 5 pm, and then take the ferry back to Sorento, pick up our luggage and head to our hotel.
Questions about Capri. Is there good beaches near the area where the ferry terminal is? What would you do with 5 hours on the island?
Is there good spots to spend the evening in downtown Sorrento for dinner? Maybe enjoy the sunset
DAY 2 - Visit Amalfi and Positano
Given that this is our full day at the AC we want to visit these two towns. It is middle of August, do we bother with the SITA buses or just take the ferry to get there quicker? There is a bus stop outside out hotel, but it is after the bus had left Sorrento, so we are afraid it may be packed. Maybe ferry to Positano, and then bus in the evening since the ferry leaves Positano around 5 pm or so?
How are the beaches in Positano? Should we expect to pay 10 Euro for a chair, or is there some public beaches that we can use?
Going from Positano to Amalfi. Should we use the bus, or is the ferry the most convenient option?
How are the beaches in Amalfi. Is there some near the ferry terminal?
How would you divide the whole day between Positano and Amalfi.
I know the plan is ambitious, but so are we. We like to move and get things going, and with enough Gelato everything is possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 2 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 3 Current plan for March trip
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 10 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 beware of robbed in Milan
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 First time in Spain
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Once upon a time in Italy
- 20 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
Bit of background