Seeking some more great advice as my trip continues to come together. Fiance and I are spending 13 nights in Italy 8.26-9.8 as follows:
3 Nights Venice
3 Nights Cinque Terre
2 Nights Tuscany: Panzano in Chianti
3 Nights in Florence
I try to keep a rule of not staying anywhere less than 3 nights and had originally planned to book 4 nights somewhere in Tuscany, but we have been offered 2 free nights in Panzano and now have 2 nights to fill. I'm now trying to decide if we should book 2 nights elsewhere in Tuscany (further south) or try to squeeze in a couple nights and awesome meals around Bologna...too aggressive? Our interests for this portion of the trip are food and wine, but we don't want to exhaust ourselves.
We will pick up a rental car after Cinque Terre (either in La Spezia or train to Tuscany then get the car depending) and dropping it off before Florence. Should we drop it at the Florence airport before heading to town, or is there anywhere in Florence that isnt a nightmare to get to on our own?
Thank you in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 3 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 4 10 Days in Austria
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 7 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 8 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 9 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 Christmas Markets 2017
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 land vs river cruise
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 paris to london- day trip
- 23 10 days in europe
- 24 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!