Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > 2 days in zurich.. Itinerary help plz!
Notices

2 days in zurich.. Itinerary help plz!

Jul 22nd, 2015, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

2 days in zurich.. Itinerary help plz!

Hello! We're a family of 7, (my parents and us siblings aged 17, 16, 10, 8 and 2), and we'd be visiting Switzerland through a travel agency. The rest of our trip is set up by them expect 2 days in zurich, August 4 and 7 to be specific, when we're to spend the day at our leisure. We'd be staying at Hotel Leoneck and we were hoping we could visit the Rhine falls one of these days and also hike upon mount utielberg; and the other day, see all the city highlights around downtown zurich (old town, Bahnhofstrasse, some budget-friendly museum (suggestions plz!) Giacometti murels at the police headquarters and just shop around the city.) I really need some advice on whether I'm plunging in too many things in 1 day, and where else I should consider visiting (considering my family age variations) and take the most of this beautiful city! All advices and suggestions are welcome and more like needed! I'd be grateful if someone could help me prepare a plan like the best sequence to see the places and star place should be visited when..? Maybe a path for the day so the destinations just follow one after the other! I'd be grateful if someone could do that cz I really wish to make this ultra special for my family!
Jul 22nd, 2015, 10:30 AM

There is no way I would spend all that time n Zurich - which is basically a VERY expensive business city. In Switz you need to get out into the countryside and the mountains - what is really unique.
Jul 22nd, 2015, 01:08 PM

You can easily spend a full day at Rhine Falls adventure park (may be loved by the kids), medieval city and castle of Schaffhausen, a Rhine river boat cruise to Stein am Rhein and Constance or up to the Lake Dwellers village at nearby Unteruhldingen, close to Meersburg castle.
Jul 23rd, 2015, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your view nytraveler! I agree, and luckily we'll have that covered on our trip to Mount Titlis and I really wish I could get an insight on the countryside, any suggestions I could live that dream around Interlaken?

neckervd Thank you so much for the advice there! Then I guess we'll use one of the 2 days entirely for Rhine Falls. We're going to stay in Hotel Leoneck, so could you please guide me on how to get to Rhine Falls from there? And I've heard the north side of the falls doesn't have an entry fee, is it so? Cz if it is, we'd want to end up there as we're pretty tight on our budget. And for this trip, I was planning on getting the Swizz Family Card and getting 4 all zone ZVV cards for us adults (I've been searching real hard but haven't been able to get the accurate cost for this card, I'd really appreciate a little help here). You think this would be feasible, or is there a more economical option? And are the boat trips at the falls included in the card?

Search this Thread