This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mettez fin à vos soucis financiers.
- 2 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 9 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 Paris Apartment
- 14 Visit to France
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 Which Area in London?
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 family trip to Germany and more
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 Packing Champagne
- 24 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 25 Milan airport--which one