I am looking for some guidance re. itinerary for the Alsace region given limited time and a wide array of ages.
I will be spending 2 days and an evening in Alsace with my family in early August. We are renting a house in Nambsheim and will have 5 adults (including 2 grandparents) and 4 kids in tow (ages 4, 6, 8, 10). We arrive on Sunday late afternoon following a wedding in Germany (Nettetal, near Dusseldorf). We are driving down in rental cars. We will have all day Monday & Tuesday and then need to drive to Paris on Wednesday morning.
In terms of items on our list to see, we definitely wanted to see Colmar and possibly the castle at Château du Haut-Kœnigsbourg (www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr) and Riquewihr.
We will have a babysitter on one of the nights and would ideally like to drop off the kids and then have an adult stop at a winery followed by dinner.
I welcome feedback about your favorite places to go, priorities, possible itinerary, favorite restaurants etc. Do we need to book wineries in advance or is it possible to play it by ear?
Many thanks, in advance, for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Once upon a time in Italy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 22 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 23 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 24 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga