Where do I start!
Traveled for 50 years and now want to buy a boat/motoryacht/barge and cruise the French, Belgium and Dutch canals. Looking to do this for about 3 years Did it once for a week and one of our best trips.
Has anyone done anything similar? Maybe not a cruise but hiking, moving around, not "residing" in one place. Hope to rent out our house, and I have a company where you get a US address, get mail sent to them and they scan so you can evaluate what they need to forward on to you. But what address do I use for bills, credit cards, voter reg?
Do not speak French and have had a hard time learning it. I don't think it will be a problem and traveling world-wide has not been an issue. But what about MD visits, needing new glasses, brining the dog to the vet. All I see now as potential issues as we will not be in one place and may never return to that canal ever again!
Appreciate any suggestions you may have. My BFF has already given me an earful today on why not, so don't need that except in way of pros and cons or your experiences.
Has anyone bought a barge/motoryacht/boat?
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Driving
- 13 Dubrovnik
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip
Where do I start!