I will be in Germany for two weeks this summer on a work related trip then traveling to Prague and Vienna for a few days. Afterwards, I will be traveling to Italy from July 25th-August 10th. I will start my trip for four evenings in Rome. Then I am taking a one week tour with visits Rome, then travels to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Almafi. The tour ends on the Almafi coast.
Basically, I am trying to figure out where to spend my time from the 4th through the 10th. I will have to fly back to Berlin so I was planning to do so via Rome, Florence or Venice. Would it be best to stay along the coast? Should I travel by train to Florence/Tuscany area? Or three days in Florence then then three days in Venice? If I go to Florence i the Tuscany region assessible via train and bus? I would like to visit a winery if possible. I am open to any suggestions. Should I remain and see more of the Almafi area before going North?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 6 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 7 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 8 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 9 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 12 Moscow Hotels
- 13 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 14 Packing Champagne
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 Manchester hotels
- 17 Visit to France
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 23 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey