DH has last minute business trip to Germany in 2 weeks & has invited me to tag along for my 1st trip to Europe! We'll be just outside of Koblenz for the first few days, will have Friday aft, Saturday & Sunday on our own, then have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday & Tuesday for more business before flying out early Wednesday. We're flying in/out of Zurich(DH's choice due to price, etc.)and will have a rental car the entire trip. DH suggested Cologne for our free weekend but is leaving it to me to plan as it's my first time & all. These are my ideas & I would very much appreciate any suggestions or other ideas for how we could spend our 2.5 days.
#1-Drive Koblenz to Strasbourg on Fri. aft, spend Sat. in Strasbourg, Colmar for the day on Sunday & then loop back up to Karlsruhe on Sunday evening.
#2-Koblenz to Metz on Fri., Sat. in Metz, Sunday in Strasbourg, then to Karlsruhe Sun. evening.
#3(my personal fav)-Koblenz to Boppard Fri. aft. , Saturday to Sankt Goar, Oberwesel, etc. ending up in Heidelberg for overnight, Sun. in Heidelberg & back to Karlsruhe late in evening.
Thanks in advance for any input from those of you who have knowledge of these areas of Germany! We are open to other ideas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Current plan for March trip
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Spain in 2018
- 15 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 21 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
1st Timer to Europe-Ideas for Free Time In Germany(or maybe France)