1st Time to Paris & London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 03:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hubby and I are headed to Paris for 3 full days on our way to South Africa, and London for 3 full days on our return trip.
We are looking for suggestions on hotels that are in the 75-100Euros/night range in both Paris and London. And of course, what are the "must-sees" in each city on a relatively short timeline? Any dining recommendations would also be helpful. As noted this is our first trip; we're both in our early thirties and have a budget of roughly $800 (above and beyond accommodations) in each city. Any advice for us rookies?! Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

Not sure if this makes a difference in terms of suggestions but we'll be in Paris from May 17-19, and in London from June 1-3.
One more thing...any shopping advice in either city? Both hubby and I (in our early 30s) are looking for some new stuff to add to our summer wardrobes.
Thanks again.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 04:02 AM

on London one recommendation and 1 only= Priceline. Bid 4 star but you must read bidding for travel first. re Paris= there are a lot of posts on hotels in your price range. For a short and I presume first trip, I would stay in the 6th near the 7th or the 7th near the 6th. Use the Godor destination page for the 3 day tour suggestions. re food in Paris= orfer "the menu" it is a ficed price meal usually much more reasonable..fast food is gtreat for lumch- middle eastern or crepes. In London, there are some great small curry places. Have fun.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 04:26 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
your budget is pretty low for London (a bit easier for Paris and there are LOTS of threads on here w/ Paris recommendations)

As travelbunny says - you simply must consider Priceline for your London hotel. biddingfortravel.com You can usually get four-star, centrally located hotels for approx $70 to $100 (plus taxes)

If you aren't PL "veterans", after studying biddingfortravel, you can post back here for advice.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:31 AM

I have stayed at the Hotel Residence Monge in the Latin Quarter a couple times and would recommend it.

http://www.hotelmonge.com/
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:34 AM
ira

Hi CN,

>We are looking for suggestions on hotels that are in the 75-100Euros/night range in both Paris and London.<

That's fairly tight, especially for London, and the 4-7 arronds in Paris.

In Paris, You might want to consider www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75012lux.htm

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:26 AM
MaureenB

You can also try londontown.com for lodging, because you can select by type of hotel and price range. Good luck.
>-