1st floor room in Manarola - too loud?

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st floor room in Manarola - too loud?

We have the option of a 1st-floor sea view room at the Marina Piccola or an upper (but no sea view) room at Ca d'Andrean for our visit in May. Both are in Manarola in Cinque Terre. Which would you recommend? I lean towards Marina Piccola, but am concerned that a 1st-floor room is too loud. Also, has anyone seen the annex? I don't know if it's in the annex, but just in case, I want to know that it's nice, too.

Thank you!!!
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 07:50 AM

I'm sorry, I can't help myself! Too loud for what? The nearby ocean? The deafening silence? The cats marching endlessly?
I've always experienced early morning noise associated with start-up village activities but otherwise it will be quiet. Besides, height doesn't seem to matter if there are boisterous people about. Go for the view!
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 08:28 AM

There might be some activity during the day, but I agree, just the sounds of the ocean and an occasional kitty at night. Very quiet. Go for the view for sure and no climbing up the hill.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Marina Piccola: we loved it!

We stayed 2 nights in the annex and 2 nights in the main hotel in October 2006. Both were upstairs rooms. I wasn't keen on staying in the annex, but that was all they had for our first two nights. Turned out to be wonderful...a spectacular view, even better than in the main hotel. The annex is a bit less polished than the main hotel, but perfectly nice & clean -- at least we thought so! Both locations are lovely.

I can't speak to the quietness of a 1st-floor room, but our annex room was very close to the restaurant and we had no problems with noise, even with our windows wide open.

Remember that Manarola isn't Vegas -- people eat late, but there isn't wild, drunken activity, and it's quite peaceful after 11 or so.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Ah, it sounds perfect! Thank you all for your replies - I just booked it. I guess I forget how quiet places can be, living in a big city! I really appreciate your replies.