We were in Hungary for 19 nights in April and May this year. We loved Hungary and could have spent much longer but with other destinations to go in our 2 month trip, 19 nights wasn't bad.
First, the TR is on my website starting with http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/8-nights-no-make-that-11-in-fascinating-budapest/ with some photos to liven it up and links to the apartments and hotels we stayed in. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of our accommodations in Hungary.
Here's how the Hungary itinerary worked out:
8 Nights Budapest
3 Nights Eger
2 Nights Tarcal
3 Nights Tiszafured
3 Nights Budapest
Thanks to all who have written something about Hungary, it's really helpful when I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to do and there's certainly not as many TR's as say, Italy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 3 Real Estate in Andalucia
- 4 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 10 Trans Siberian Train
- 11 Greece during Easter week or August
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 14 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 My France Vacation
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 23 GTG Paris December 2017
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath