We are a couple in our 30's planning our Sicily adventure next month. We are flying into Catania in early September and out again 19 days later. Our 'rough' plan is to get somewhere like a villa or stay in an agriturismo b&b near Siracusa for the first 4-7 days then travel the towns of the south , then head north to etna and onto the aeolian islands for 1 week and then back to Catania.
We're wanting the first part for holiday to be chilling out somewhere super relaxed and quaint and would appreciate a recommendation on where would be nice to stay/ do.
There appears to be lots of lovely places to stay but figuring out an intenary is tricky!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester hotels
- 2 Moscow Hotels
- 3 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 Visit to France
- 6 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 7 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 16 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 Packing Champagne
- 21 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 22 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 25 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?