My wife and me plan to visit Slovenia in September from 04/09/2011 (Sunday) to 22/09/2011 (Thursday). We’ll fly in and out of Ljubljana.
We are looking for a good spa healing program and intend to stay in the Terme Rogaska for 12 nights, which leaves about 6 days for traveling Slovenia. Our interests are architecture, museums, beautiful scenery and we do some light walking (our ages are 65+ and hiking is not really an option anymore).
Ref our budget - it is mid-range, but I would be prepared to pay more to stay in "special places" when we travel.
Our plan so far is:
Day 1: Landing at 10 AM in Ljubljana, rent a car for 1 day & drive to Rogaska Slatina - can you advise the countryside/scenic roads for a car travel from Ljubljana airport - not highway. (Alternative: using train/bus - would luggage be a problem?)
Days 2 – 12: Rogaska (We plan to stay in Hotel Slovenia). Are there any organized day trips/excursions from Rogaska to other areas of Slovenia and/or Croatia or shall I keep the rented car for those purposes during our stay in Rogaska?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go after that (Days 13 – 17, half day 18), preferably by car? We think about Lake Bled & Lake Bohinji, Skocjan caves, Ljubljana, as well as other places as everything looks beautiful.
Is it worth staying in one hotel/pension/tourist farm/apartment for the remaining days and taking day trips from there?
Day 18: Fly from Ljubljana at 6 PM.
Any advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 5 days in Andalusia
- 3 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 4 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 5 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 6 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 7 Shall we Gdansk?
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Help with Spain itinerary
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 Poland--where else to go
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 14 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 15 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 18 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 19 South of France
- 20 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19
18 days in Slovenia (+ Croatia?) and suggestions while there