I'm hoping to get some suggestions for my trip to Netherlands and Belgium. I arrive at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol by 3 pm on 13th May, 2016 and will leave on the night of 30th May, 2016 from Brussels to Bombay, India. I'll be travelling ALONE and this is my first trip to Netherlands and Belgium.
13th - Amsterdam (late afternoon)
14th - Amsterdam
15th - Amsterdam
16th - Amsterdam
17th - Amsterdam
18th - Amsterdam
19th - Amsterdam
20th - Train to Antwerp
21st - Antwerp
22nd - Train to Ghent
23rd - Ghent
24th - Train to Bruges
25th - Bruges
26th - Train to Luxembourg city
27th - Luxembourg city
28th - Train to Brussels
29th - Brussels
30th - Brussels
Is the list doable for a 17 day trip? Should I spend 2 days exploring Luxembourg or is 1 day enough? Because, it'll give me another day to explore Netherlands. Also, 13th-19th May I've mentioned only Amsterdam because I'm confused if I should stay there and use it as a base to take day trips to Delft, Utrecht, Hague, Rotterdam, Haarlem, and Groningen or stay in other cities as well?
Interest levels as far as historical sites are concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as food is concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as shopping is concerned - AVERAGE
I plan to walk around a lot and use public transport - metro, train and buses. Want to experience the "must try"/"must visit" dishes/restaurants.
I'd appreciate any suggestions with regards to an itinerary, accommodation, travel, food and any other tips that you see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 beware of robbed in Milan
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 18 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring