Me and my wife are both 31 (no kids) with good hiking experience. We love Alpine views and had the Dolomites in our TODO list for a while. As I mentioned, we have 16 days in the Dolomites area (maybe less if we added Lake Garda into the mix). We land in Millan and before we dive into a research about hikes and accomidation, we need your help to create a basic trip structure.
We are not sure - how many 'bases' we should have in 16 days trip. We will have a Car, but I'm guessing for example that we should spend few nights in both Val Gardena and Cortina instead of driving from one to the other and back. Can Val Gardena be also a base to Alta Badia area or should we spend few nights in the Alta Badia area as well? those are the kind of questions we are not sure about.
If someone can kindly tell us which areas we should be focusing as main hubs - we can start building the trip around it.
Something else to take in mind it that we will be landing on the 15th in September. At this time, lifts are starting to close, hiking becomes harder and it's getting colder. We would love if you can prioritize the 'bases'. Should we start on Cortina because it's getting colder earlier and lifts closing earlier over there? Or maybe Val Gardena has huts closing early and we prioritize the valley first?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 9 Which Area in London?
- 10 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 11 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 21 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 22 Transportation in Brittany
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!